At 11:26 AM 2/28/2004, Chuck Anderson wrote:
Yeah but how do I file the PDF copy with all the other issues I have on my
book shelf.

You print off only the articles you desire and bind them in any manner you wish. Even with the very best of monthly publications, I don't necessarily want to keep the whole thing. After a couple of years of saving mags, you end up with large pile of paper 75% or more of which is of no long term interest. You can save the PDF files on a CD and still have access to EVERYTHING.

For the record, having a huge pile of ALL the past issues of RCSD is absolutely nothing that turns me on. I'd be willing to pay fair value for a complete set of all back issues on CD in PDF format. Think how fast you could search for a specific article or general topics. Think of getting data and graphs and just storing them in a manner relevant to your specific needs. Think how much fun it would be getting your hands on digital pics of Gordy and working them over with Photoshop! ;-)

And I have every issue ever printed. I could care less about
photographs.  Let me have drawings, graphs, and real data.  Pictures are
just eye candy and tell me nothing.  Let me have the engineering data.

Yep. I like real data too, AND the convenience of storing it efficiently. What data are you wishing that is not in the .PDF format RCSD that is in the hard copy???

It might be nice to have the option of hard copy or .PDF. After all, variety is the spice of life. We don't ALL like skegs now do we (running for my NOMEX undies)? ;-)

Cheers,

Bill