Many thanks for all the information on mounting batteries in series to
gain MaH. Here's a quick summary of what I've gotten:

- It's not a good idea, but it works just fine anyway
- It's OK if the batteries are charged separately
- It's OK if the batteries are charged at the same time
- It works best if you boil the cells in water first.

So it sounds to me like the thing to do is to experiment. Since it won't
start a fire, the worst that happens is the battery life is diminished
below the 2x that I'm curious about.

-J