From: Michael Lachowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 5:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] Tungsten

It's not that unobtainable.  You probably want to order some with
friends since the first piece is expensive and prices go down with
larger quantities.

I get mine from www.cmwinc.com.

The stuff is machninable.  I turn it in my lathe without any problems.

I'll use smaller cutoffs for nose weight.  Then finish the tuning with a
little bit of lead. You save a lot of space and gain the benefit of the
heavy stuff being as far forward as possible.

On the other hand, it's a LOT more expensive than the containers of lead
I have from the backs of X-rays from my Dentist.  If your dentist is
friendly, he can probably also get you some good deals on the bits they
use for that other favorite task, eveyone loves.  They can be handy for
some fine detail work in a rotary tool.
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note
that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format
with MIME turned off.