Chuck's point about the battery life is an
important point in my camera purchases.  I have
two Sony digital cameras.  One camera has a LiPo
battery and the other uses AA batteries.  Guess
which I prefer.  Well, I thought I would like the
LiPo powered camera as I'd have long life, but
that's not the case.  After using both for a
year, I now use only the AA powered camera.
Battery life is no longer important, as I use
rechargeable AA NiMh batteries, and in a pinch I
can buy disposables.   With the LiPo battery, I'm
forced to use a single charger and buy a specific
Sony battery.  Sony won't continue manufacturing
that battery, and then in a few years the camera
will become obsolete because of the recharge
cycle limit.  Buying an expensive Sony battery
for a backup goes against the grain too.

David Cousins