Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Full-House Checklist - to each his own

In a message dated 6/18/04 12:18:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If I gave my Compulsion to Joe Wurts for a weekend, what might he be looking for and what adjustments might he adjust in this new full-house sailplane

Bill,

    Odds are good that you could not fly it comfortably.  The CG would be too far aft and the roll rate too high for starters!  Of course if JW had observed your flying style, he might set it up for you and not for him - he's just that kind of guy!  If you were to let George Joy try your Compulsion, he will immediately tell you that you do not have enough rudder.  George likes lots of rudder.  Personally, I can't do much with my left hand but scratch a few itches.

    While it is nice to get other opinions, you must adjust the machine to your style.  Others can give you advice, but you must decide what the model is going to do for you.

    My opinion based upon a few years of observing.

Don Richmond
San Diego, CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.hilaunch.com