The post about F3B at the nats is a timely one. Mike Smith and I have
chatted with Joe, and he let us know that there has not been a bid to host
the F3B team selections this year.

Labor day is of course the traditional weekend, because it allows a 3 day
contest. 3 days is required in order to fly enough rounds to have a
throw-out. This is the only fair method to select a team for the world
championships.

This is a unique situation, I can't remember a labor day during the
selection cycle that didn't have a contest. I would like to get the word out
to any of the clubs across the US that may have a suitable field to host
this. Or perhaps several clubs can get together to work it. Time is short if
we are to have a Labor Day contest, but maybe it is still workable.

We need the support of the entire soaring community, for F3B in the United
States to keep up it's winning ways.

-Aaron Valdes
San Diego, Ca.