Gentlemen
I have delivery positions open in the July/August shipment of Photon
IIs. I will be raising prices slightly for models ordered after this
delivery. These models are high performance DLG gliders for sport flying
and Competition. The quality of construction has to be seen to be
believed and the performance and handling are to the same standard as
the construction.

A couple of quick comments about performance. There have been some
statements about the Photon and other poly models ability to penetrate
in windy conditions. Here in SoCal last summer, Larry Pettyjohn had a
very convincing win in SC2 Hand launch competition in a windy comp. held
in Long Beach. The contest didnt start until after 1:00 PM and featured
12 to 15 MPH winds. Typical summertime on shore flow for Long Beach.
Larry flew a Photon I at 350 gram and ignored the wind, had 30 gm of
ballast on board. Flyers in the field who have made the flyoff at Poway
included L. Jolly, B. Watson, J Erickson, C. Greening and me. Not a bad
field. The Photon II has less fuselage wetted surface area and a cleaner
wing mount + a camber changing flap. It is a fine penetrating glider.
And of course, there is always ballast.

Secondly, much has been made about the inability of Poly models to
launch as high as Aileron Models. Actually, this is apparently the case,
as a poly model presents the side area of the upturned wing tips as well
as the Fuse and vertical stabilizer to the airstream during the yaw
excursions. However, Watson, Erickson and Pettyjohn are all capable of
launching to 140 feet or better, which is about 25 lower than the
highest launchers in the country. The Photon II is extremely easy to
fly, especially at 10 when you are making a save, not a bad tradeoff.
Flying the Photon, Jonnie E has a couple of wins over Wurtz and and an
SC2 seasonal championship. Not too Shabby.

My Web Site can be found through Rcsoaring.com. Mfg.s and Distributors.
Look for Jerrys Models
JDK