<Jim McCarthy wrote:>

<PS-Nothing beats flying a 26lb 6 meter Ventus, actually nothing beats tip
stalling it at 1400 ft. Great pucker factor and the respect to not do it
down low.>

What's even more fun is a mid-air at 1000' agl and going into that uncontrolled spin
for about 700' before regaining control.  I was flying a 5m Ventus 2c and the other
guy had a 6m ASH 26. We barely touched, but it was in that perfect spot on the wing
that sent me tumbling. Neither plane was damaged, but I was so shook up that it made
the landing extremely challenging. The worst part was it happened at an air show, and
the rest of the day I had to deal with the people that thought it was part of the
show.

The coolest looking thing that has happened to me while flying scale was at the TOC in
2002. Flying my 5m Swift (aerobatic scale sailplane) during the noon-time demos I
pulled a 3/4 inside loop to vertical down line 2 of 4 point roll and pushed to do an
outside loop. Well the canopy pops of and Axel (1/3 scale pilot) get ejected out at
1500'. The sound of a couple thousand people gasping was priceless. Watching the pilot
free fall was cool to with people yelling for him to pull his chute. 8^)

John