From: Rudy Siegel
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 8/1/04 5:10 AM
Subject: [RCSE] Re: New World and US Altitude Records

Bob:  Congrats!  How the heck could you see it?  I
flew X-C Nats last weekend, and even an SB-XC is hard
to see at just 750 meters.  Rudy

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:20:06 -0600
From: "Bob Vixie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RC Soaring Exchange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: New World and US Altitude Records

Mark Howard and I just set the new World and US
altitude records for model
sailplanes.  We flew a plane up to 12930 ft, starting
at 5215 just north of
Boulder, CO, making the new record 7715 ft.

We were flying a Sagitta fuse with some composite
wings that I designed and
built this spring.  MH32 with a 14.5 ft span, 1900
squares, weighing 10 lb
9.5 oz.

Pretty exciting day.

Bob Vixie