More Piccolario stories,
I did loss my 2m Duck a week ago. With the Piccolario reporting, I was
going in. As the plane got closer to the ground (full crow) the voice
became more distorted. On the ground It reported 4 feet.
I lost the signal temporally walking closer to the plane. This is a good
thing since I was in a hilly, wooded area. As I picked up the signal it
was weaker iet. Now I used the Piccolario radio (not the RC radio) as a
directional antenna by pointing the small antenna level to the ground
rotating 360°.like a searchlight. At the weakest signal I was pointing
directly at the glider. I started walking looking for the signal
strength to improve ( the voice became louder and better) but still
looking for the week spot.
Out of the trees I was looking at a corn field 8feet tall......!!!!!
Some where in this mess was the plane. Getting readings holding the
radio next to the ground ( still looking for the week signal). Pointing
at the plane I walked straight line on to the glider, not seeing it till
5 feet from it. I did this with out help for the last part of the
search.
Practic this technic, It will fined you the lost plane.

Peter"