As you are claiming to be an expert in this area, please tell us
how to tell who the ACTUAL sender is, in the case of emailed virus code.

The point is that the "sender", i.e. the address in the "FROM" field
is RARELY the actual person (computer) sending out the virus.

Yes, the virus is probably sent out by a 'zombie' but the address
that claims to be sending the mail is not very helpful in finding
and curing the zombie.

michael