At 10:07 AM 10/11/2004, Jared wrote:
Jim,
Congrats on the win!  How did Sunday turn out?  Hopefully better weather
than Saturday.

Sunday was more difficult than Saturday, we had a very low ceiling and that was undulating and blowing through. My first launch I easily zoomed through the bottom of the clouds, pushed back into a dive to see it again, pulled to re-acquire altitude and went invisible again, did that like for 6 cycles until I could slow my model down. Spent most of my flights were my model was a shadow in the clouds, lift was present but visibility was the issue. Landings were very important and Jay Schultz and Capn' Jack were really nailing them. Jay was first on Sunday and Jack was 2nd if my memory serves.

It was nice meeting you and the rest of the Chicago guys.  I have some pics
I'll be posting soon.  I'll send everyone the web address.

It is always nice to attach names from the exchange to faces, there are really a great bunch of guys flying down there and it was fun to share some time with "y'all" 8-)

Jim Downers Grove, IL Member of the Chicago SOAR club, AMA 592537 LSF 7560 Level IV ICQ: 6997780 AIM: InventorJim R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net