jaffee wrote:

I don't want to diminish anything Rutan has done...<<<<

I'm no Rocket Scientist but don't orbital craft fire the motors in "reverse" to slow them down for re-entry? Couldn't the craft fire it's motor a bit longer and at full power to increase the decent angle to one that might permit the feather recovery?

In any case... given Burt's creativity I'm sure he'll think of something and $50,000,000 ought to get the ball rolling.

One thing I'm sure of. I am glad to be witness to this accomplishment.

I've been enjoying Burt's digs in the media at big goverment as well.