To coin Ronald Regan, There you go again Gordy,
Spreading your disinformation. Does credibility every bother you?
The numbers are down. The AMA reported it (factually).
The age of the mass of pilots are getting older. Some can't fly, some pass on...
The numbers of young pilots aren't replacing the number of aging pilots.
Our ESL contest numbers show it.
My clubs social numbers show it.
Moldies being backordered do nothing to prove your point. Easily 30 or more balsa kits can be produced in a day... Probably more I don't have the numbers.
How many moldies can be produced in a week??? Therefore the wait.
I am glad you have more newbies in your club.
I hope that you stay away from them so that they don't get discouraged or disillusioned.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

/Yep, people are leaving the hobby..../
// *Yep, they are....not. Let's see, people are leaving soaring and that's why Hitec, JR, MPX are creating even more sailplane specific TX's. And why all the 'new' servos introduced by those and the other Mfgr's are sailplane oriented..mounts, configuration, torque etc.*
** *Its why inspite of mulitple suppliers of moldies around the world are back ordered up to 2 years.*
** *Yep its on the decline...yet there are more winch suppliers than ever before in our hobbies history.*
** *Less and less, is why there are now ARF balsa and covered RES ships available from major suppliers like Great Planes and Horizon.*
** *Yep the hobby is losing us fast, but not cuz of lack of interest or emotionally destructive landing tasks, but because of all those kidneys stolen while sailplaners are asleep in their motel rooms, for sale to the black market! .....Really!*
** *We now have more newbies in our Louisville Club than maybe in its history! Its sickening to have to wait in line to get a relaunch!*
** *Gordy*
*Gordy:-)*

-- Jeff Steifel