Back in 1975, I was flying the LSF Level 4 thermal flight when a flock of buzzards joined up with my sailplane. I was flying my Tern 4 which had a very weak wing so when the hour was up, I searched out some sink to circle in while descending. A long string of about 30 buzzards came by and the leader joined up with me. He made one circle before continuing on his original course. The end of the line of buzzards had not reached the circle when the leader broke off but all the buzzards made a complete circle before resuming the course. I could imagine the leader thinking "What a stupid bird! Circling in sink!"

Chuck Anderson