I've used a similar technique to the one linked below,
except you can actually put the graphic directly on the
mylar instead of closest to the core on the layup.

Simply wet out the spot on the mylar that the illustration
is going to be and place it on the mylar.  Then proceed
with your layup as normal.

Here's a link to one of my results on a SGII wing:

http://www.nonsilence.com/soaring/pics/sg2logoonwing.jpg

Jon Stone wrote:

here's one fellow's article on the topic.

http://www.rc-soar.com/tech/graphics.htm