Speaking with Dave Mathewson, he believes AOPA is the right model. He's an active full scale pilot and member of AOPA so he understands their impact on general aviation.

-Ben

Martin Usher wrote:
Studying the NRA as a "political model" is not a bad idea<

I think the AOPA might be a better model. They appear to have an effective legislative program in place to protect general aviation from the excesses of government. Their interests overlap our interests so maybe the AMA should try to work with them, bulk up a bit so they don't look like a small bunch of oddball hobbyists that like to play with bits of wood and tissue paper.

Martin Usher

"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages
must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.