The following solution was used for my Stratus SL with an electric fuse. Before I cover the actual programming, it's worth going over my basic set up (I'll leave out all the real detail stuff). The Radio is configured so that left three position switch is used for the following:

FORWARD = speed mode
Small amount of reflex, less throw, less differential, more snap flap

CENTER = cruise
No reflex, more throw, more differential, a little less snap flap

BACK = Thermal
More differential, just a bit of snap flap

Gear switch     (I physically had to turn it upside down so that down could represent landing settings)

DOWN = landing mode
Using Mix one, the first 60% of the spoiler stick pulls the flaps down. The last 40% actuates spoilers up. The elevator compensates with the second mix on a multipoint curve. I also mix in rudder just for landing (There are nasty rotors where I land often land, and it gives me a little less to think about)

UP = full-span camber

Elevator dual rate

DOWN = off with brake
UP = 100% full throttle

JR. states that you can assign the MOOT function to a number of different places. This is not true. In fact, all the channel functions are stuck on the channels they are assigned to. They cannot be changed. They can, however, be mixed.  The stock assignment for AX 2 (channel 7) is the spoiler stick. This means that no matter where you assign the MOOT function in the devices menu, the motor will be effected by the spoiler stick. for a 6 servo plane, this isn't workable.

You will need an 8 channel receiver, and the speed controller should be on channel 8 (AX 3). Connect the receiver battery to channel 7 using a separate lead. A "Y" connector for the receiver pack and the speed controller works with many speed controllers, but not on some... (for example, not on mine).

Go to the DeviceSEL menu, and leave AUX3 set to the AUX3 LEV, and set it to INH. this means you can effect the motor trim by moving the right slider.

Set MOTO to ELEV D/R with the OUT set to ACT.

Go to one of the PROG. mixes, and set it for MOTO->AUX3.

Set CRU, SPD, and THM modes to POS1. the rest are set to POS0. This enables the elevator switch to actuate the motor in those modes in the up position.

Here's where your mileage may vary:
for Pos1 start by setting the top and bottom to +125%. This gives you full on, and full off with the switch. The Offset, will change the center position. By adjusting those three numbers, you can program the end points for the speed controller. Each speed controller is programmed a different way, so the specifics for programming those end points will vary. I had to set my Offset to +90 to get the amount of brake I needed.

- Steve