To: "RCSE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 2:18 PM
Subject: [RCSE] Wing servo mounting

I'm sure this has been covered before but.... I've been having fits trying
to come up with the best method for securing servos in a Phil Barnes foam
core wing. I have used a glue known as PFM, I think it also is known as shoe
goo. This adhesive, although strong and secure, dimples the top surface of
the wing. Not sure if its attacking the foam, but it certainly distorts the
top surface.

Most recently on my new ship I have used silicone, this at first seemed to
work well, but it didn't hold up and my flap servos are now floating around.
Makes for an interesting launch when the flaps are both in different
positions!

On my last Mantis I used the PFM and the servos been secure, I've just lived
with the depressions in the top surface. I haven't blocked in around the
servo, perhaps that will be my first next move. If any of you have had good
repeatable success, or good adhesive suggestions I would appreciate hearing
about it. I know there's a lot of servos installed out there and there must
be a better way.

Thanks,
John Hayes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]