<<I have used a glue known as PFM, I think it also is known as shoe  goo.
This adhesive, although strong and secure, dimples the top surface of the  wing.
Not sure if its attacking the foam, but it certainly distorts the top
surface>>

Two ideas that worked reasonably well:

1) Goop has great grab to anything but will dimple the foam - probably
because it's captured under the servo and the VOCs hang around long enough to  hit
the foam a bit. Epoxy a thin piece of ply in the bottom of the servo well  and
then Goop to that (sparingly as in the previous post), or

(better approach)

2) Switch to Gorilla Glue. It will swell a bit and won't attack the foam.
The servo will be well seated once it's set. Seems to have a good grab to most
plastic surfaces. Once set (~ 4 hr.), the excess that swells out can be
trimmed  with a single edge razor or easily milled down with a Dremel (thanks to Bob
Peck  for pointing this one out).

I'd suggest putting a band of masking tape around the servo before using  the
adhesive. That way the servo can be extracted from the tape without taking a
hunk of foam out of the wing.

- Dave R