Gordy,
     I know flyin with the Hotlanta boys is more fun than most have ever had, but we had a nice day in STL.  A few guys showed up to the farm and flew, got Kieth and his Magic, ya one of the Waco Magics, trouble shot when the slide on V-tail (a problem waiting to happen and did) had slid just enough to require all the up trim to fly.  So, we got that straight, and then the high light of the day, was Mark Nankavil putting the first flight on an electric ducted fan F9F Panther, it is the straight wing version.  After some pics and testing, with the use of a launch ramp and catapult, the Panther ripped into the sky.  I was the release mechanism, and then scrabled to Mark's camera and started to try an catch up with this jet as it went by so as to get some flyin pics for a review Mark is doing.  I am guessing that it was easily doing 70-80 mph and there was never any doubt that it was going to get the job done.  Great day, great fun.  Probably is not going to last to much longer, but enjoy it while we can.

Marc