The question came up regarding an AVA or similar and what type of construction it is considered to be. Unless I hear a persuasive argument to the contrary, I can't see that it's anything other than built up. It's not a bagged composite, nor is it molded. Good luck to those that play the factors to their advantage. My latest check on the weather says upper 50's with winds out of the Northwest @ 10-15 so it looks like we may get this thing off the ground. Here's the rules...

Construction
-.2 Built up sticks
0  Wood Sheeted Foam
+.2 Bagged composite
+.4  Molded  ...

That should read, "Bagged / Composite"

I think that the AVAs, and Organics should be "Bagged / Composite".

Since the majority of the parts on the AVA is made of composite material, it should be classified in this category.  I'm sure their are molded parts on most planes now, as well as wood.  ie A molded wing on a wooden fuselage would have to classified as "Molded".

Steve

Support anti-Spam legislation. Join the fight http://www.cauce.org/