Forgot to mention, actually the rate of charge does effect actual peak
detection on quality (key word here) chargers. It's a give and take scenario,
the more cells in the pack means one has to be a little more conservative by
reducing the peak-detect value (in mV/cell - designed into the algorythm).

This is so to alleviate inconsistancies from cell to cell (at start of charge,
every cell in a pack is gauranteed to be sitting at differing V), which would
have one or more cells reaching capacity before others, and being slightly
overcharged as the rest catch up.

I tolerate chargers with options for NiMH, but still employ the peak-detect
method, essentially the designer has reduced the mV/cell to, say, ~4-5mV, or as
the Triton does, leaves it up to the end-user to set any value they desire. The
reason I tolerate them is that I monitor my packs...and take the time to
understand them (we go for coffee regularly :^). I like the fact that when to
ceases charging, I have a full pack which has been knowingly abused with the
understanding and acceptance of loss of cell life.

The algorythm I spoke of the other day nicely charges the cells, but when it
kicks off, the pack is not full...yet. You must them wait a lengthy (too
lengthy for me) period of time for the cells to go through maybe two more
stages to reach actual peak...

Quoting Bill Swingle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >>Efficient cells
>
> Isn't the "peak" to which we're referring here dependant upon only the
> battery chemistry?
> Thus, a NiMH will always peak the same?
>
> The rate of charge does change the peak. Particularly the slope. Possibly
> this is what they were relying upon to create some promotional verbiage?
>
> Bill Swingle

> "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME
> turned off.

Radius Systems
Cogito Ergo Zoom