Is my Icon lighter than yours? Yes, I'd bet that it is.

I bet you are right. Good weight hack on the harness, let me know how that goes. I had a 69oz ICON, it's now a repaired 73oz ICON. (It's my nastiest, dinged and scratched up, traveled all over the country ICON, and it's currently my favorite. It's already seen it's worst accident so I fly it without fear.)

Will an Icon that weighs 69 ounces fly better than one that weighs 72 ounces?
It will if I put it in the right piece of air, at the right speed.

On calm days, but can you keep that big light wing flying with some wind? Will it launch as high as a 72oz version?

(we can always add pipes)  8-)

Jim Downers Grove, IL Member of the Chicago SOAR club, AMA 592537 LSF 7560 Level IV ICQ: 6997780 AIM: InventorJim R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net