The Larry Jolly/Midnight Models V tail Icarus had to rank right near the top
for me...It was actually my second sailplane..My first was a Drifter two...
  I flew sailplanes for one whole summer before I realized/was told you have
to drift with the lift...(sounds silly now) To sustain flight time..WOW!!!
My first 30 minute flight..I was ecstatic...I'll never forget..It was an
Icarus with transparent yellow monokote in 1980.. I loved that model..I
bought two kits, then made templates from the second kit and built about 8
more of them..."Sorry Larry"  Grin...It came as a 72 inch span and of course
I stretched it to 78 inches after the first one..
  I also designed one airfoil for it with a little Phillips entry..You do
remember him right??  (another grin about here)... I called the airfoil the
VUG...It stood for Very Uneducated Guess..It flew very well and I was
winning contests with it, then,  along came the Sagitta 900 and spoiled all
my fun..Of course I had to have about 6 of them... Brian Smith