My very first sailplane was this really awful flying, dihedral only,
model that was just rudder and elevator. I scratch built it when I was
about 13 or 14 and I think it was called a "Sawaddee".. I got the plans
FREE in one of the European magazines. It looked much like a Windrifter
so I figured I was safe to build it and get at least a nice
airplane.... sometimes you really do get what you pay for!!

Fortunately I was building and flying power as well and new that planes
in general could fly better than this one so I trashed it and built an
Aquila!!
the rest is history so to speak
Greg

--