An iron works great!  Put it on a low setting...about 50% power or so...I put
them in between a t-shirt, so that I don't scratch them.  Apply a LOT of
pressure when ironing them, and make sure that you keep the iron moving.  If
you don't you can add other waves that you will need to get out.

I've been using an iron for the past couple of months and haven't had any issues
with it...  You can pickup t-shirt material by the yard at wal-mart or where
ever.  If you can't find it then drop by the bedding area and pickup some
jersey knit sheets to do the job :)  it's easier if you work in small sections
or just work with the cutout mylar rather than trying to flatten the entire
roll.  You need to be able to work the entire piece at the same time, otherwise
you'll get warps b/c of the heating differrences.

Jared