List members

I had the distinct pleasure to have known and flown with Don Clark, the inventor
of the Thermal Sniffler, yes the "l" was in the name. Don was an GENTLEMAN in
every respect. If anyone asked him a question about or needed repairs, he was
all too happy to help.

My point is that if anyone cloned Don's Sniffler, he would have been shunned at
the field and we would have called him a horse's behind to his face.  If he
dared to clone and sell, well ....no one would have timed for him. Unexplained
hits? HOWEVER,if he made a significant design change, then Don would have been
first in line to congratulate him!!!

Significant is the key word, enlarging or reducing in size or…… Geez, duh, well,
I Cadded in a set of push rods and an electric motor! Isn’t that significant???

Wow, here’s your sign? Maybe Jeff can add it to his Holiday Routine?

Jeff: “Do you sell other people plans as NOS?
        Well you must be a soaring TURKEY,”

Jeff: Do you have boxes of cloned kits on your porch and sell them as NOS?
        Well…………….

Most of the guys at the field could have easily reverse engineered/cloned Don's
sniffler, but we did not: PRIDE comes to mind.

Just as ******plagiarizing***** seems to be all too common place and condoned
today, cloning or taking a set of airtronics plans to the “Blue Line” of your
choice and making 50 copies and selling them on the net is plagiarizing.

If you don’t cheat, you must really be stupid!!

These same people seem to feel this if they state opinion as fact and say it
loud enough, duh, geez, it must be true and we will all bow down….

Happy Holidays
Jim
Old enough to know better, but what the heck, I like fishin'..

Jim Ealy
Education by Demonstration