Hey Jack!, West Carrollton High School was my main flying field in
the 70's... and my high school '79-'81.  I spent many days soaring
there.

My first RC sailplane was an Airtronics Square Soar.  I also flew an
original 100" sailplane and an Airtronics Questor there, as well as
some powered stuff like a Model Builder Dragonfly.

Do you remember any of the other guys who flew there?  Everett Wick
with his Pokey and Viking?  His buddy Rich (Schafer?)...

That was a great site - huge.  I had my first hour flight there.  Now
covered with... you guessed it, sports fields.

Andy Page
Seattle

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Jack Iafret" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK, what got me hooked was a Graupner Cirrus when I lived in the
Dayton Ohio
> (mid 70's) area and belonged to the W.O.R.K.S. club (strictly
power). One
> other guy (forgot the name know but he drove a comptition Vette)
and I went
> to the West Carrolton High School and used his high start to
launch. After
> about five launches and coming down to land the plane just circled
for ten
> laps at 20 feet without loosing altitude and I without knowledge
hooked my
> first thermal and rode it out for what seemed like an hour
(probably five
> minutes). That was it for me, but it took awhile to commit.
>
> Really never got serious until I came to Michigan and started
flying
> sailplanes with the Paragon in '84. Met a bunch of people that flew
> sailplanes rather than power and that was it for greasy kids stuff.
>
> So, first plane was the Cirrus and the favorite is the Paragon.
Remember,
> "Paragon's Forever".
>

> Jack Iafret
> "Keeper of the Nostalgia Rules"
>

> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.
Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
text only format with MIME turned off.