Thanks Bill,

Sorry I didn't mention that.  I've actually flew the plane and did some extensive range checks before.  Not a proximity effect in this case and range was fine.

I've since removed the rx in preparation to send it in to FMA.  I also was able to swap crystals (same channel though) with the same result.

Merrell

How close are you to  the plane/Rx with the Tx?  I've seen exactly the same thing if the Tx and the Rx are too close, i.e. a few feet, but it stops if the Tx moves away.  Anything over 10 feet and it should be dead solid.

Just a thought.

Bill