While stationed at Sembach AB back in the late 80's I flew with a local club at a very nice slope hill about 10 miles north of base on 72 mhz for 3 years with no problems. They told me we were far enough from anything that operated on that band. As I can remember that freq. had something to do with there railroad, but don't quote me on it.

Thermals

Mark