>  After the recent Aerotech incident, I found this interesting.
>  Jim Deck

What's a bit galling is that military planes like the P-38 were developed at
taxpayer expense.....you'd think that if we paid for the development we'd
get the rights to the design, wouldn't you?

Personally, I'd forget the P-38 and go for a Mosquito. Its also an
overpowered, lightweight, twin but it had room for two, a better payload and
much more forgiving flying characteristics. It was used more as a attack
aircraft -- low level precision work, pathfinding and so on -- than a
fighter because it could get in and out of situations where any other plane
would have been shot out of the sky (i.e. nobody could catch the thing).

Martin Usher