From: James V. Bacus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] Team JR

I received a box in the mail today out of the blue that really made my
day.  It contained a very nice JR coffee travel mug, a beautiful
Christmas
card, some additional paperwork, a contract, and a cover letter from
Peter
Goldsmith that about brought a tear to my eye as I read it, and as I
write
this now thinking about it.

As many of you know, I have flown JR gear for the majority of my soaring

years, I bought it because I always thought it was the best equipment
that
I could buy and fly in competition, and helped anyone out that I could
that
wanted to know what I knew about the radios.  I have always privately
wanted to be on Team JR, but rarely spoke of it and never thought the
opportunity would arise because I never thought, when it came down to
it,
that I was good enough compared to other guys on the team.

Today I was invited to join Team JR, and now my models will sport their
logo, and I will wear red to all the contests.  I can't express properly
in
writing how I feel right now, but it is one of those things in this
hobby I
thought I would never achieve, and somehow I did.

JR and Horizon Hobby are a class act and support R/C soaring in a major
way, and I am proud now to be a small part of that.

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
Member of the Chicago SOAR club,  AMA 592537    LSF 7560 Level IV
ICQ: 6997780   AIM: InventorJim   R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note
that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format
with MIME turned off.