Greetings, Everyone,

I am new to rc flying but remember well the enthusiasm that my father and brother had for the sport when I was a child. It must be in the genes because now I have the same enthusiasm, particularly for the new electric rc planes that are arriving on the scene.

I am writing to seek advice on purchasing an electric RTF or easily-assembled ARF that I can fly outdoors in low-to-no wind situations. I live on a hill in a forest clearing about the size of a baseball field. I can launch from a place at the top of the driveway that is level with the tops of most of the trees - beyond these trees is a deep, open valley. I am looking for a very maneuverable, fun flying model that has the option for flying slow, though it would be great if it could fly rather fast as well. I recently purchased a Firebird Scout on the recommendation of someone but am not finding it as responsive as I would like, and it needs more room to maneuver than I have available. I am thinking of trying a micro flyer instead, such as the Mini-Stik, which I have read about through a review by Greg Covey.

I would appreciate any recommendations you have for your favorite RTF's and readily assembled ARF's (micro or not), suitable for a fast-learning beginner who will be flying in an area that calls for a good deal of maneuverability.

Thank you and happy holidays,

Kevin