Twice i've had single cells in a pack become dead. That is, the cell(s) in question had no voltage. On the advice from a local battery supplier I "shocked" the cell(s) by touching the leads from a 12 volt battery to the bad cell for an instant. It caused some sparks when I touched the positive to positive and negative to negative. It appears to have revived the cells and the packs now function normally and have run through charge/dicharge cycles showing full capapcity. Immediately after the "shock" the previously dead cell had a no load voltage reading of 1.2 volts. Remember, the touching of leads was for an instant only. I offer this story for information only and have no idea if it is good advice. But it worked for me.

Robert Samuels..........St. Louis