F3B requires that it be flown in 4 minutes. So getting 10km in 4 minutes is a difficult task. Without doing the math, I would assume you had to have perfect air for all 4 minutes and be very heavy.

Stuart A. Hall wrote:

I am looking at the new RCSD and have always been confused by the recorded FAI entries. I thought there would be plenty of fliers who could fly goal and return flights of 10km or more. So what is it about the F3B category, or FAI rules that makes the current record only 7km?

-- Jeff Steifel