Jon, I can't deny, as long as the extra weight of more than 3 foam bulkheads don't create a balance issue, that more bulkheads, 4 or 5, will no doubt result in better pushrod stiffness.
My AVA elevator pushrod exits 2" forward of the elevator horn (on the boom top surface) and the rear bulkhead is 2" in front of the elevator pushrod exit point. The front bulkhead is about 1.5" behind the front edge of the boom proper. That allows a small amount of clearance between the #1 bulkhead and the aft edge of the pod as it fits inside of the boom.
The resulting space between bulkheads is about 11". I also install a 1/2" balsa U shaped bulkhead to carry the aft end of the 20 mm ballast tube and provide support for the pushrod tubes at 8" forward of the #1 foam bulkhead.

The end result of this installation provides excellent elevator and rudder response for my 40 oz AVA.

If a similar length fuse were to be used on a higher performance sailplane then more than 3 bulkheads would be required to provide the necessary control respone, no doubt.

I hope this disscussion helps those who have questions about pushrod support with these extra long fuselages like the AVA and Bubble Dancer.

Jon, I hope you are enjoying the Christmas Season.

Regards, Dave Corven.