Hi John,

Thanks very much for the extensive review - VERY appreciated (especially
on a list with such a high level of noise). I think I have a better idea
of what would be involved now. I'll chat with some of my pattern friends
to see what their interest level would be. My gut feeling is that a guy
coming off of an F3A machine would have more interest that someone
obsessed with big control surfaces and hanging on the prop.

The reason I asked was that out club now has a couple of working tugs,
and hopefully by the end of this season there will be someone else to
fly them (ie. not me). That means I can actually get a scale sailplane
again :) I've always loved the look and performance of the Roedel Fox
(there's one in our club),  and was curious if I could eventually do
something competitive with one (or something similar).

I enjoyed flying an electric-powered UltraStick 120 Lite that served as
our tug for two years, but since that's gone gas, I wouldn't feel as
comfortable fun-flying it at the sailplane club anymore (gas is really
just for towing there). As a result, if I wanted to fly an aerobatic
machine again at that club I either need to get another big electric, or
an aerobatic sailplane. I'm leaning towards the latter :)

Unfortunately this is all academic for the next few months, since I have
some UAV work to complete (darn Transport Canada is making life
difficult).

Cheers,
Adam