I built one a few years ago and was very satisfied. Things I liked: It's a nice plane - builds easily, all the parts fit and the wood selection is good. It has more wing area than the average 2 meter, so it's easier to see, and floats well. The thin section allows for good penetration as well.
Things I didn't like: The spoilers - the single servo arrangement did not work well for me. If I were building another, I'd use a microservo for each spoiler with a direct linkage. I built the conventional tail, because I've had trouble getting RES V-tail planes to turn well in the past. The kit has enought wood for either version. > > From: "Brian Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Date: 2005/01/27 Thu AM 10:55:34 EST > To: <[email protected]> > Subject: [RCSE] Chrysalis 2 Meter > > A friend who has been out of soaring for a few years is looking around at > Kits to build..Ask me about the Chrysalis 2 M. Kit...Any one have any > experience with this kit care to pass along any comments..?? Building? > Flying qualities?? Thanks..Brian Smith > > > RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and > "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and > unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off. > Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in > text format > RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format

