To: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:56 PM
Subject: [RCSE] Ballast ??

I am looking for a ballast solution for my Trinity Carbon/Acacia 3 slope
racers. I want to get them up to the max fai wing loading for unlimited
class slope racing. Lead isnt heavy enough and solid tungsten stock is
really expensive. Has anyone ever tried making ballast out of tungsten
powder? It seems to be quite a bit cheaper than solid tungsten. Can it be
compacted enough to make ballast heavier than lead?
Thanks, Walter