What Ken says includes the Sky Melody plus the Sky Panel Data Logger and
separate altitude sensor. There are several additional ports on the Sky
Panel to hook up switch monitors. I have not tried this for lack of time
or need, but you could if your capable, make leads to tell if a given
micro switch is in the on or off position. Retact doors, up and go lock
up or down come to mind.

Dean Gradwell showed me a software program, I forget the name, That
allowed use of a Garmin with a three D photo realistic playback on a
laptop, of the flight including waypoints, altitude distance etc.
Virtually the same tools are available to modelers as the full scale
guys. The stuff is not that expensive to the serious XC or scale guy,
and the potential for use in scale XC is very exciting. I can envision
Scale Cross country teams sharing the cost of a ship and it's avionics
to compete. In full scale the cost of avionics can be a considerable
portion of a planes cost. It is no different in models.
JD

Endless Mountain Models
http://www.scalesoaring.com