Lol!  Speaking of dead stick landings...

I did my first over Thanksgiving.  I was up in CO Springs visiting my
girlfriend's parents.  Her step dad was just getting into power and asked me
to help trim out his plane.  Never having flown a plane with a prop before I
said "Sure."

We got to the field and talked to some of the guys out there.  They asked me
if I had flown before and I replied "I've never flown power."  We were
instructed to go to the "bad" runway away from everyone else.

Take off was fine.  Engine cut off about 45 seconds later.  He noticed the
prop had stopped spinning and yelled "Dead stick!!!" (I thought something
was wrong when applying throttle had no effect...) I have never seen people
run for cover so quickly!

Brought it back to the field and touched down about 1 foot past the
grass...rolled about 10 feet to a stop.

People saw it, some applauded.  He even has it on video :)

Just go out there again and kill the motor on purpose when there are lots of
people out there :)

Jared