Colleagues:

I have read this thread also with great interest. I was also surprised to read
some of the unfair comments about the care and feeding of kit builders or those
who support fair play.  I've posted on several occasions a request to not buy
plans from several EBAYERS who not only pirate MA, MAN, FM, RCM, Bob Holman,
John Pond, etc but make multiple copies of plans and the mag article and sell
mass copies on Ebay.

If the lawyers/modelers want to help the hobby, why not turn your expertise to
stopping plans and plans/patterns, short kit cloners. The present copyright law
gives the copyright holder life +70 years for heirs to collect royalties.

I was told under-no-uncertain terms by one of the respondents who has been
rightfully criticized ".....that I should just be glad that the plans are
available......and the cloner was doing me a BIG favor...."

I also wrote earlier about "modeler's pride", during the 60-80's no modeler
would have considered, or remained a club member, cloning Don Clark's Thermal
Sniffler. I am sad to see that this trust has not only disappeared, but the
whole idea laughed at.
IMHO and TIA for the bandwidth
Jim