A non sanctioned contest is far better than no contest at all..

This is a hobby about flying rc sailplanes with a bunch of guys who also enjoy flying rc sailplanes.  While its important to be involved with AMA on many different levels, it is still about having fun with other pilots.

A day of club soaring differs from a non sanctioned contest how..?  No one adds up scores with a day of club soaring..or soaring of any kind.  It is completely possible to have safe fun with out AMA saying its okay and having us 'covered'.

Ten hurrahs for the SNLT for taking the time and making the effort to hold monthly contests, sometimes two :-) It produces a lot of fun and some pretty great thumbs.

I have recently been urging our own club to begin monthly contests to help develop our new and older members skills.

SNLT holds Pro-Ams and micro highstart DLG contests as well as the fun ones :-)

I have been urging you all to get your butts up to Dallas to fly with these guys.  Henry Bostick and Tim and Mark and heck all of them are the best soaring friends you'll ever meet on the field.

So sanctioned or not, have contests, it builds clubs and club activitey.  Lets see, SNLT has produced :  Kennedy Composites (Blasters, Organics, Graphites, AVAs), HKM USA (Sharons, Mini Charisma, etc).

This is a club capable of doing the right thing, without our help or advice. :-)

Chuck is always right, he's been at it a long time, Sanction is best, but un sanctioned is better than no contest.

Figure? :-)
Gordy