Paul Breed wrote:
After much feedback I bough a new 2 flute cutter and tried again.
The ribs are much better with no sanding needed.
This is shown as an added last picture on the web page:http://www.rasdoc.com/splinter/RibsCut.htm
or you can see it directly at:http://www.rasdoc.com/splinter/RibImages/image036.jpg

I've used diamond coated cutters for cutting wood. They bascially sand the part to shape, so you get perfect edges. They can't clear much material, so you have to go slow in harder woods.

--
Andrew E. Mileski