Question:

Does it matter that the Government, as Dept of the Army (prior to 1948)
was the originator of these designations, as in P-38 or US Air Force as in
U-2 etc. and NOT Lockheed (Martin)?  And since it wasn't even Lockheed
Martin, do they have any rights to it at all?  And, I guess this means
there won't be any Martin B-10's or B-26 Widomakers kitted either.

.....bc    AG4YQ  Williamsburg, VA