The Triad was a real neat concept. If memory serves me
correctly, it started out with the SWC, the Rose Bowl
2 day, then Visalia representing the last leg. It was
awarded to the top scoring pilot over the three comps,
after scores from each contest were normalized to
1,000. It has died a slow death, with the death of the
Pasadena club. A few clubs tried to keep it alive, ISS
held the second leg, then the guys in Sac tried to
keep it alive. But I don't think anyone reported the
results to the proper person at Visalia, to award the
trophy. I made the trek to all the contests a couple
of times in search of the title, only to have the
trophy not be awarded.

It may have been moved, but the last time I saw the
trophy (it's a perpetual trophy - and it's just awful
looking) it was in the trailer at Visalia. I dropped
it off and ran.... It's in a huge wooden box, very
well protected.

I'd love to see it resurrected. Shows consistency,
amongst the top western soaring pilots.