I'm still fussing with my solar wing.

I've 95% answered my Planform questions, now it is on to airfoils.

The Airfoil I flew in 2004 was an airfoil Mark Drela designed for me
about 5 years ago. My request to him was a low pitching moment airfoil
with flat spots on it to put the solar cells.

Since then I've changed solar cells (50% more efficent) and they no longer fit the flat spots.

I've also come to the conclusion that as built with a very light trailing edge it is not
holding shape well enough to really be low pitching moment.

So I'm searching for an airfoil....

Re will be around 170K

1)I want to minimize sink/maximize climb.
This means optimizing (Cl^1.5)/Cd (I think this is the element to maximize)

2)I'd like to minimize pitching moment to reduce wing structure.

3)The wing will be built up

I realize that #1 and #2 are some what counter to each other....

In playing with things in profili I've found nothing that beats the clark-Y for
maximizing requirement #1 I know there are much newer airfoils, and it's a bit off topic for a soaring
group, but this seems to be where the brains hang out...

Paul