I have a Gast pump that I got from Ed Berris for about $80-85 ... It is fantastic, quiet, I use a bleeder and run it 24 or more hours when I was making a bunch of bagged wings quite a ways back... It is commercial / medical duty and all you should ever need. Ping Ed as I see him still offering the vac pumps regularly...

I'm considering a purchase of a 1/3hp Embraco compressor (refrigerator compressor) to serve double duty as a quiet compressor for my airbrushing and as a vacuum pump for bagging stuff. I can get them here in Canada for $150 brand new. If it'll work, the price is right !!!

-- Jeff Steifel