John,
    You are right about psuedo sandbagging that can occure in MOM,
especially when you are launching a large group, BUT!  Dayton is who started
this MOM craze with our part of the world, and they use to have simultaneous
(within a 10 second window), and there is some bad scenes there too.  I
watched a Nyx spear an Icon once and at a Nostalgia contest last year they
had three ships collide in a single launch.  I know it is not perfect but
ripple or sequential launching is a far better method for the Nats than a
have-ho launch window.  As you saw, there are a few folks that one might be
standing next to you that you would not want his ship in close proximatey to
your's on the way up.  I would like a much closer spacing on a launch but it
depends on who is launching the group and the ship being launched.  Lets
face facts, if Chuck Anderson is launching his Sailaire, it could be a while
before you might launch the next guy in the line.

Nothing is perfect, we try our best at any of our MOM contest where ever
they are.

Marc